Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Infertility and Hairy Chests

I've been sitting here on the couch with my laptop for the last 3 hours reading other infertility blogs. I wonder how many there are out there. So far I've found 1100...lol That's a whole hell of a lot of bitching and moaning and groaning about "life not being fair" and "how dare that bitch get pregnant by accident."

I remember it fondly. I was one of those. Or should I say, I AM one of those. I suppose the bitterness dwindles with time and giving birth. Come to think of it, maybe not. *thinks about her sister-in-law that had her fourth child so she could get the baby bonus from the government*. HHhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm Some people shouldn't be aloud to procreate.

Anyway, I digress. The point I was going to make was...is it just me, or are there a lot more infertile woman out there than there use to be? Or are we just a lot more vocal now than ever before? Probably both.

What is it that causes infertility? Well, it's different for everyone. In my case it's because I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. At least that's what I've been told. The truth of the matter is I'm a fat cow that needs to get healthy and then I'm sure that things would start to work properly. Not necessarily...

I have been diagnosed with "Traditional Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome". What does that mean? Get ready for this...

I have:
High androgens (I'm basically a man without a penis)
Irregular Menstruation = 6+ months (This is not such a bad thing unless you have a hankering for Endometrial Cancer)
Anovulatory (Thus the reason I can't get pregnant on my own)
Several cysts on both ovaries (No shit Sherlock...anovulatory=eggs that don't want to leave)
Morbidly Obese = >50 kg (Yah, I know. Pretty sad, isn't it?)
Hirsutism (I knew I shouldn't have listened to my dad when he told me that I should eat my vegetables so that it will put hair on my chest)

Sounds like fun, huh? Well, yah, it's a blast. It's not just infertility I'm dealing with here. Not only does not being able to get pregnant make me feel like less of a woman...the hairy chest doesn't help either.

2 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

Whoha! A bit harsh, don't you think? No MAN could EVER have a baby!

Jade said...

Yah well, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself when I wrote it...LOL