Saturday, February 02, 2008

2WW

Here we are. In the dreaded two week waiting period. I thought I would be stronger this time. I figured I would be too busy to obsess. Alas, I am not and I am...LOL I'm itching to take a HPT but my husband has forbid it. He told me that he wanted me to wait until Jolie's birthday is over so that I can enjoy the day in case it's a negative. I suppose he's right. I just HATE waiting! Have I ever said how impaitent I am before? Well, yah, I am. The blood test is scheduled for Wednesday. I don't know why it would be that late? I mean, if I had a three day transfer last Thursday, then that would mean that technically I would be 14 days past ovulation on Monday. Unless my math is failing me. Why can't the blood test be on Monday? I'm sure it would show if I was pregnant by then. I'm pretty sure it would show now on an HPT. Of course I have researched what is happening with the embryo each day after the transfer. So, yah, I'm obsessing again...LOL Here's what I found out:

3 day transfer-
1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt...Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt...Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt...Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt...Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt...Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt...Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on a HPT

So, I'm 9dpt with a 3 day transfer. So, technically there should be HCG in my blood now. Just not sure how much. So, yah, I'm obsessing. I'll just have to hang in there until Wednesday. Jolie's birthday is on Tuesday, so the earliest I can take an HPT is Wednesday morning before the blood test. At least then I won't be surprised when the doctor calls me with the results. Grow baby, grow!!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I have never seen what happens in the dpt broken up like that before. It's an exciting read. I kind of feel like I should have known about the 'hatching' think but I had never even heard of that before. Oh well. You learn something new every day.

I think I would have tested a few times by now evern though, as you say, it is probably best to wait.

Hang in there and let's hope that BFP is just around the corner.